A Team Approach
Our family-centered approach ensures that patients and their loved ones can fully participate with the Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Litchfield County’s team to develop their own plan of care so that they can focus on what is most important to them.
Our team works hand-in-hand with patients, their families and doctors to provide individually tailored physical care, emotional support, expert pain and symptom management, spiritual support and the expertise of a certified hospice and palliative care physician.
The Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Litchfield County’s hospice team incorporates the patient’s own physician and additional experts including:
- Certified hospice and palliative care medical director;
- Certified hospice and palliative care nursing program director;
- Experienced and caring registered nurses;
- Certified hospice and palliative care social worker;
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists;
- Hospice aides;
- Pastoral caregivers for spiritual support;
- Hospice and bereavement volunteers.
Members of the care team make regular visits and are available to patients and their families 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.